Joe Hoffmann, Media Relations Manager
WARRENSBURG – No. 15 Central Missouri Jennies Volleyball finished up the regular season Saturday afternoon and celebrated Senior Day for their three graduating seniors. The Jennies defeated Southwest Baptist 3-1 (25-16, 25-17, 28-30, 25-7) to win their eighth straight match and improve to 24-6 this season, 14-4 in the MIAA.
How it Happened
• For the second straight match, UCM held their opponent to under .100 hitting percentage. The Jens hit .227 to the Bearcats .050.
• The Bearcats got plenty of points on blocks, 14 to the Jennies eight. UCM had 56 kills to SBU’s 37.
• UCM took advantage of a lot of Bearcat errors: 30 attack errors, six service errors, three block errors and seven ball-handling errors.
• Set one was tied at two until the Jennies scored seven straight to make it a 9-2 game. UCM was able to run away from there with a 25-16 win. Aubree Bell, Kylie Hohlen and Hannah Engelken all had four kills in the frame.
• The second saw the Jennies pull away late to take a 2-0 match lead. SBU hung tight and was down only two, 15-13, but the Jens scored four straight to make it a six-point lead and put the Bearcats away 25-17. The Jennies hit .367 as a team in set two with 14 kills and three attack errors on 30 attempts.
• Central Missouri was looking for a sweep, but SBU had other plans. Tied at 14-all, Southwest Baptist used a 5-0 run to take a 19-14 lead. The Bearcats held set-point at 24-20 when the Jennies mounted a comeback with four straight to tie. Three times UCM held match-point and twice they gave the ball back with a service error. Leading 28-27, the Jennies committed two errors and were blocked as SBU stole the set, 30-28.
• UCM came back to score the first seven points of set four and went on top 12-1 as they were able to cruise to a 25-7 win and take the match 3-1. The Bearcats hit -.240 with four kills and 10 errors on 25 attempts.
Jennies Stat Leaders
• Kylie Hohlen finished with a match-high 15 kills. She also added 13 digs for a double-double.
• Hannah Engelken hit .625 for the match with 12 kills on 16 attempts. She also had six blocks.
• Aubree Bell landed 11 kills and picked up nine digs.
• Ally Offerdahl centered the offense with 40 assists and added four kills.
• Carly Offerdahl had a match-high 21 digs.
For the Bearcats
• Delanie Tipton was the offensive leader with 10 kills. She also added six blocks.
• Brea Freeman passed out 19 assists while Makenzie Bouse added 14 more.
• Bailey Baumann finished with a team-high 17 digs.
• Emily Thompson chipped in with eight kills and nine digs.
News and Notes
• Central Missouri has now won 67 straight matches against Southwest Baptist and are 67-1 all-time against the Bearcats.
• The Jennies 14 MIAA wins match their total from a season ago.
• UCM’s eight straight wins are their most since winning nine straight in Sept. 2016
• Ally Offerdahl went over 2,500 career assists.
• The Bearcats 14 blocks matches the most by an opponent this season.
• Central Missouri has already clinched a spot in the MIAA playoffs. They’ll play next Tuesday, Nov. 6 in a quarterfinal round game. Site and opponent are still to be determined.