Joe Hoffmann, Media Relations Manager
HAYS, Kan. – Central Missouri Jennies Volleyball secured their fifth straight win defeating Fort Hays State 3-1 (25-18, 25-18, 24-26, 25-17). The win is the Jennies 18th this season, moving them to 18-6 and 12-3 in the MIAA.
• The Jennies hammered home 54 kills in this one while hitting .232 for the match. They held the Tigers to just a .146 attack percentage and 45 kills with 19 errors.
• UCM’s defense scooped up 81 digs and blocked three shots.
• The Tigers blocked six shots and had 73 digs.
• Central Missouri led from the get-go in sets one and two. The opened up a 5-1 lead to start the match. Ally Offerdahl had a service ace on the very first point and four Tiger errors gave the Jens the lead. The Tigers got to within three a handful of time, but no closer as the Jennies five of the final seven points for a 25-18 win.
• The Jennies again never trailed in set two, on their way to another 25-18 win. FHSU got back into the frame with four straight to tie at 9-9, but the Jens rattled off six straight for a commanding 15-9 lead. Hannah VanBuskirk landed three kills and Ally Offerdahl two aces during the stretch.UCM cruised the rest of the way to a seven-point win.
• Set three was a nail biter with 12 ties and six lead changes. Trailing 6-4, the Jennies scored five straight to take a 9-6 lead, helped out by three straight Tiger errors. The Jennies still lead 18-16 looking for the sweep when Fort Hays scored five straight for a 21-18 lead. UCM tied things at 23-23 and 24-24, but the Tigers got a kill and service ace to win set three, 26-24.
• The Tigers carried that momentum into the start of set four taking an early 8-3 lead, but a 10-2 Jennies run gave them their first lead since 1-0, 11-10. After FHSU tied things at 11, the Jens scored seven straight, getting four kills and a service ace along with two Tiger errors for an 18-11 lead and never looked back. Audrey Fisher ended the match with a kill at 25-17.